Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Making good use of my tools

Tonight I came home from work and was on a mission to bake. There's a new cookbook called the "Flat Belly Diet", that is actually working for me, believe it or not. Lost 10 lbs the first week. Can't get over the fact that every morning another pound is gone. This morning I was in the bathroom checking the scale to be sure it's working. Can't believe it.. So tonight it was going to be the chocolate zucchini snack cake.

So, just have to double up the ingredients and there will be enough to freeeze half for next week. The directions call for chocolate chips to be put on the top of the cake after it is baked and put back in the cooling oven to melt. Well, they weren't melting. I was afraid to turn the oven back on and dry out the cake. Oh what to do, what to do!!!!?

Got it! I'll just get out my heat gun and sit and melt the top chocolate while I watch the boob tube. That's right, use my heat gun. I thought that it melts things, why not chocolate chips?? No good. Not happening. Not tonight anyway. So, it ended back up in a hot oven for about 5 minutes until somewhat melted. Good enough!

Have to tell you, It was delicious, fully melted or not. After all, we eat candy bars when they're solid, don't we. I'll take chocolate anyway I can get it...Now that was a rewarding adventure.

1 comment:

  1. wow...looks great...save a piece for me... (10 pounds in a week? whew!!! keep going!

    let me know if we are going to New york for sequins....and the likes...its this monday...Colleen

    ReplyDelete